Friday 29 August 2014

Pansy Potter: Deportment - in this week's Beano (and last)

It's been such a whirlwind of activity, with me being up in Edinburgh for the month, that I've not mentioned my strips in The Beano (when I've finally been able to get a copy - Edinburgh is home to a swathe of newsagents who will all confidently assure you The Beano is no longer being published!). So here we see the original demo version of the strip that appeared last week, which began its life entitled 'Deportment'.

The latest of my strips to appear, which continue with this week's 'Scrum', see a slight change in style in that they're no longer lettered by me as part of the artwork, but have the voice bubbles added later in the office. This means the editorial team can changing the wording if they feel they can improve things, as they did last week.





Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing Pansy Potter in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...