Thursday 8 January 2015

Diary Of A Wimpy Squid - first kids comics of the year


My Comic Art Masterclasses in schools got off to an bright and early start this year, with me spending the first two days of the school term teaching the Year 4s of Castle View Primary in Slough (since you ask, the castle you get a view of from the staff room window is Windsor). And haven't they produced a fine array of comics between them?

I've added the colour after the fact. Each of the kids goes home with a photocopied comic containing a strip by every one of them and an individual caricature by me.


The celebs they chose for the "treads on a worm" demonstration strip (see blogs passim) were Simon Cowell (ta-daa, the very first class of 2015 continued the trend of the last few years), Cristiano Ronaldo, and Pablo Picasso.



And as well as the year in schools getting off to a good start, the year ahead has started shaping up at quite a lick. I don't remember my inbox filling up quite so quickly, as I've been racing to reply to emails, all from schools and book festivals lining up dates for me to visit. (At the same time, I've been getting 2015's Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre into shape, about which more news very soon).



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing Bananaman in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...