Sunday 27 August 2017

Comic Art Masterclasses - booking into 2018

Kev F's Comic Art Masterclasses, booking into 2018


As you've probably heard, The Beano has been named as the theme for the Reading Agency's Summer Reading Challenge 2018.

As a writer & artist for the Beano (& Marvel & Doctor Who comics) I'll be continuing to bring my Comic Art Masterclasses to schools, libraries and art centres across the country, giving children an insight into the way it's done in The Beano, and in all comic genres from superhero to indie to manga and beyond. In my many classes over a decade of working in schools, I've found comics to be a vital missing link in teaching literacy. I'm regularly told I get kids who don't read to start reading, and kids who don't write to start telling stories in pictures.

I'd love to deliver workshops to your schoolkids, if you'd like "The Man From The Beano" to come to town.

My workshop (which you can see in action here: https://youtu.be/XrV_rgutWHg ) is for pupils aged 7 and older. By the end of two & a half hours, a class of up to 30 at a time has produced a comic to take away, containing a strip by each of them, plus an individual caricature by me, and learned all there is to know about comics and manga.

For any further details, please feel free to ring or email. I look forward to being able to pay you a visit at some time soon.

All the very best

Kev F Sutherland
COMIC ART MASTERCLASSES
http://comicfestival.co.uk
kevf.sutherland@gmail.com 
07931 810858

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...