Friday 29 June 2018

Superheroes Flyer & Poster designed at last


At long last, and much later then in previous years, I've got the new flyers and posters artworked for our Edinburgh show. 2015's were completed in the April of that year (according to this blog, which shows all the previous flyers going back to 2007), but this year I've somehow not got round to it till now. (2016's flyer doesn't get blogged till August, so maybe I've not been so tardy this year after all). I'm particularly pleased with the back of the flyer.


The artwork, which I coloured specially, is from the splash page of the Socks Superheroes comic, which will be on sale at the Fringe, I hope (I'm sitting on nearly 500 copies, so we'd better start shifting them soon). Whether its resemblance to the Infinity War poster has retained any currency I don't know, but I think it represents the show well and should be fun to hand out at the rate of 300 a day.


I'd been struggling with the poster, trying to make it look more exciting and superheroic without cluttering it. I have a variety of other socks cartoon figures to use, but it became too busy when I stuck them in. So I went with lightning, which seems to have done the trick.


I've put in a bid for a big A1 poster outside the venue, though they're reserving those spaces for the shows in bigger rooms than me. Still, it would be great if I could have one and artwork a character-filled border to go with it. Let's see.


The Award Winning* Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are Superheroes at The Gilded Balloon at the Edinburgh Fringe from August 1st to 26th - ON SALE NOW! 

*Winners of the Bath Comedy Festival Lovehoney Best Joke Award 2018


Previews:

July 11 - Neath Comedy Festival

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...