Sunday 24 November 2019

Buttcheek Balooza - comics by kids


This pair of comics, produced by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses, come from Talavera Juniors in Aldershot. A military-connected school where 75% of the pupils have parents posted at the nearby barracks. Apparently, at the drop of a hat, half the school can find its parents have been redeployed and they have to up sticks to another part of the country. That notwithstanding, they had fun and gave me the chance to colour up one of my favourite covers of the season.


Howard Juniors is in Kings Lynn, which I can confirm is officially a long drive from home. On the plus side, they were so impressed they've already invited me back for a return visit in December.


This comic was the product of the kids at Isabella's birthday party, an event I was invited to run in Blackheath. Sans photocopier we weren't able to print a comic for them, but the cover came out nicely.


The celebrities these five groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Ariana grande, The Queen, Ed Sheeran, Simon Cowell, and Donald Trump.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, TwitterPromo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...