Wednesday 9 March 2022

Book Of Esther self-published


After five years of waiting for Bible Society to publish them, I've finally been given the blessing to self-publish my Bible adaptations. I've begun with The Comic Book Of Esther, which is available in black and white as a paperback, or in full colour on Kindle.

Book Of Esther was my first big commission from Bible Society, and I wrote and drew it way back in 2016 (I remember taking the artwork with me to that year's Edinburgh, thinking I'd get some drawn there. Of course I didn't). This was followed by Ruth, Rahab, Jael Wife Of Heber and, last of the bunch, Joseph at the end of 2018.

Amazon won't allow you to make a full colour paperback with less than 72 pages, and Esther clocks in at less than 30, so black and white it is for the moment. However I'm working on a Tales Of The Bible edition which will collect all my stories in one full colour book. Stay tuned.

So far not only has Book Of Esther sold a dozen or so copies on Amazon, I've also had an order for 15 copies from the Jewish Museum Library in New York. I know! I was able to order author copes and have those sent direct to the bookshop, then invoice them and make a small profit without having to wrestle with international postage. Good point, I should really plug this more widely, shouldn't I?





No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...