Monday 30 January 2023

First comics of the year


January was a quieter month for classes than in many years, though I have emailed every school on my list and am hoping to get more bookings as the year goes on. As it was, I did two schools in January, and here are the comics they produced.


I kicked off the year in Andoversford in Gloucestershire, and promptly scuppered myself by leaving my flipchart pad behind. Not only was it a nice new blank pad, but it had with it a few pages of those big flipchart drawings I try and do in every school, you know with lots of characters on. They were "ones I'd prepared earlier," largely from the Zoom class period last year, and I fall back on those when, to be honest, the school doesn't supply a pad so I have to use mine. I can't be arsed, sometimes, to draw a whole brand new page of characters when I've had to schlep my own flipchart stand and paper into a school and waste my own paper. Well, that taught me didn't it? All my "ones I prepared earlier" are now marooned somewhere in Gloucestershire, and I have to draw a new one every time whatever.


Cheshire College in Chester saw me working with older kids, sixth form age, which was an interesting change from primary school kids. They did good stuff. The Christmassy page you can see in the montage above is from the Zoom class I did right at the end of last year.

The four celebs this month's classes chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Elon Musk, Mr Beast, Whitney Houston, and Jeremy Clarkson.


My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Lulu
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...