Friday 13 January 2023

My graphic novels back on Amazon + other sales

 Don't ask me how, but my Shakespeare graphic novels are now back on sale on Amazon, via Amazon KDP, at their original prices of £5.99 paperback and £1.75 Kindle.


Things are in the process of being approved and uploading, so not all book are in the Series yet. This is, however, the first time I've been able to list the Shakespeare books as a series. This is because I've published them this time without the play text at the back. This made them ineligible for a series on KDP previously because of including public domain content. 


Also hopefully seeing print for the first time will be an Omnibus Edition of all 3 books. Fingers crossed, that would be nice to see.

Let's see how long this lasts this time. Now I should be able to run Amazon ads again, and all the rest. I shall, however, be steering well clear of colouring books and any such nonsense.

Findlay Macbeth - Paperback - Kindle 

Prince Of Denmark Street - Paperback

Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Paperback 


Meanwhile I have sales happening elsewhere (on top of my proper earnings from my proper work, lest anyone should think these side hustles are my sole income!)   Here are my stats from Draft2Digital, which puts the graphic novels out on other digital platforms (Apple, Kobo etc). In January so far I've sold a Tales From The Bible, a Prince Of Denmark Street, and a Midsummer Night's Dream Team, and in December I sold one each of all 4 books. So a slow start, but at least it's a start.


On Lulu, where I upload paperbacks and they then get sold on Amazon, albeit at a higher price than KDP, I've sold even more. The books only started appearing there in December. That £26 profit you can see (before tax and deductions naturally) is for:

Prince Of Denmark Street - 10 copies (5 UK = £1.14, 5 US = 83p)

Eurovision Volume Two - 7 copies (6 US = £5.68, 1 Germany = £1.36) 

70s Pop Star Colouring - 6 copies (6 US = £2.47, 2 Germany = £1.77)

Midsummer Night's Dream Team - 6 copies (3 US = £3.32, 3 Germany = £0)

Tales From The Bible - 5 copies (1 UK = 92p, 3 US = £1.92, 1 Germany = 92p)

Doctor Who Colouring - 5 copies (1 UK = £1.28, 2 US = £1.78, 2 Germany = £2.55)

60s Pop Star Colouring - 1 copy (Germany = 92p)

Still to sell a copy: 1990s Colouring, Punk Colouring. Eurovision Volume 1 hasn't appeared on Amazon, and Findlay Macbeth hasn't been printed by Lulu.

And there's still good old Etsy, where I mail out by hand books that I've had printed by Mixam. So far in January we've sold 4 Eurovision Volume 1 (this is now the only place you can get it), 2 Eurovision Volume 2 (plus digital editions of Vol 1 & 2, the very first of those I've sold), and a Punk Colouring Book.

In December on Etsy I sold 31 books, for a total of £209. Not bad at all. They were:

Eurovision Volume 1 - 15

Eurovision Volume 2, Dr Who Colouring, Punk Colouring - 4 each

80s Colouring, 70s Colouring, 60s Colouring, Findlay Macbeth,  - 1 each

And that would be my running total for 2023 so far. We've got the old books back up there, by various circuitous routes, and now we move forward with the books of (whisper it) HK B…. Whoever she may be.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Lulu
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon
Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...