Thursday 25 May 2023

Thomas The Shrek Engine - comics by kids

My annual two day visit to Colmore Juniors in Kings Heath, which has been going on for over a decade now, we preceded by a couple of visits I've not made before. All gave us splendid creations by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses.


Fowey Literary Festival, formerly the Daphne Du Maurier Festival, were kind enough to allow me to stage a one off class as part of their programme. There was I, rubbing shoulders with the like of Vince Cable. In the programme, at least. I never got to meet him in person. Our overnight stay saw Hev and I in a room above a pub trying to watch Eurovision while a covers band played below. Then when it came to my class, which was on a doorsplit basis, only 7 people turned up, and only one of them was under the age of 30. I may have miscalculated the demographic in Fowey. But a pleasant excuse for a day away in a pretty Cornwall town.


Heron Hall in Enfield gave me an excuse for another overnight stay, which I only lined up cos I thought Hev would come with me and go into London. In the end she didn't, so I got to school bright and early. Interesting side note about Heron Hall: they call e female teachers Madam rather than Miss. No, me neither.


Colmore Juniors had me back again, to spend two days working with the Year 5s, and once again they came up with brilliant suggestions. I've already got 2024s return booking in the diary.


The celebrities these seven groups chose to star in my demonstration strip were Benedict Cumberbatch, Michael Jackson, Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson (three times, he really is this year's most popular choice), Virgil Van Dijk (a footballer, m'lud), and Will Smith. 

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 

Eurovision French edition - édition en français
Eurovision Spanish edition - Libro para colorear
Eurovision German edition - Popstar Malbuch
Eurovision Italian edition - il libro da colorare 
Eurovision Swedish edition - Popstjärna Målarbok
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon

Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
80s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
80s Superstars - Amazon
90s Pop Star Colouring Lulu - Etsy
2020s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
Bowie Colouring - Amazon
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon
Rom Com Colouring - Amazon
Royalty Colouring - Lulu
Christmas Movies Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper 


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...