Monday 26 June 2023

King Pong - comics by kids


More comics by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses, from Clevedon to Ludlow to Essex to Worthing and back (a few days later) to Clevedon. 

Clevedon Literary Festival were good enough to have me back for a third year running, for what turns out to be a great fun event, and actually quite lucrative for me. I exhibit my comics in the morning, then do a two hour class in the afternoon, after which I sell more comics to the parents who were watching from the back of the room. If I could organise all events so smoothly.


Ludlow Fringe had me along to do a Comic Art Masterclass in the afternoon, followed by a Scottish Falsetto Socks gig in the evening. After the class I managed to sell some books, though not as many as at Clevedon. And I was doing both events on a doorsplit, rather than a flat fee, so what I won on the swings of the sellout Socks show was balanced out on the roundabouts of the class. All good fun though, and look at the wonderful comic they produced. I know it reads like King King Pong Kong. Sue me.


Cressing Barns in Braintree was host to my class as part of the Essex Book Festival. I know, three festivals in a row, ain't I just the festival king? Sold lots of books afterwards too. Oh, suddenly I'm just sounding mercenary.


Angmering School had me back into their library for the third time, for a couple of splendid classes. With an excuse for Heather and I to stay over the night before in Worthing, what could be better?

The celebrities these five groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Donald Trump, Dave Thompson, Ryan Reynolds, Declan Donnelly, and Elon Musk.


My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 
The Book Of Esther (new pocketbook sized) - Lulu £8.50 - Amazon £9.96
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon

Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
80s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
80s Superstars - Amazon
90s Pop Star Colouring Lulu - Etsy
2020s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
Bowie Colouring - Amazon
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon
Rom Com Colouring - Amazon
Royalty Colouring - Lulu
Christmas Movies Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...