Saturday 27 January 2024

King Lear - work in progress


Having exchanged emails with Emily, my agent who I still have yet to meet face to face, her impression of Twelfth Thing was that it deviates a bit from the Richard The Third style of adaptation. So, as well as showing that to potential publishers, I ought to work up a few pages of something else more like my initial book.

So, this week, I started work on King Lear. I started by rewatching the Anthony Hopkins BBC version, then on Friday morning (Jan 26) I started adapting. By early afternoon I had Act 1 Scene 1 written, with some twists and takes that I'm satisfyingly proud of. And my teatime I'd laid out the first 8 pages. I have next week to draw as much as I can, then we'll be coming up to the Illustrators Showcase in London on Feb , which is where I should meet Emily and we should show off my new work for the first time.

We should, then, be looking at: Richard The Third, revised and expanded; Midsummer Nights Dream, first 52 pages; Twelfth Thing, first 59 pages; and King Lear, however much I can do in the next week.

Mon 29 Jan: Pages 1 - 7 inked, cover redrawn
Tues 30 Jan: Pages 8 - 14 complete
Weds 31 Jan: Pages 15 - 22 (8 pages) + assembled and coloured King Lear front cover + drew new Midsummer Nights Dream logo, plus buying new presentations books to start printing pages out for next Tuesday's illustrators showcase.
Feb 1 & 2 - Colouring pages for showcase (Midsummer, Twelfth & Lear)

Tues Feb 6th: For illustrators showcase I have:

King Lear - Pages 1 - 12 full colour, 13 - 22 grey coloured backgrounds
Midsummer - Pages 1 - 6 full colour, 7 - 42 grey backgrounds
Twelfth Thing - Pages 1 - 6 + Cast List full colour, 7 - 56 outline only
+ Richard The Third paperbacks

Weds Feb 14th - Pages 23 - 27 (5 pages)
Thu Feb 15 - Pages 28 - 31 (4 pages)


to be continued

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...