Tuesday 2 January 2024

Twelfth Thing - work in progress


I'm starting 2024 having made a head start on writing and drawing my new graphic novels, all with my agent and potential publishers in mind. In December I delivered amends and additions to Richard The Third + the first 42 pages of a new Midsummer Nights Dream to Emily. She's given me notes on Midsummer which I have yet to respond to.

In the meantime I started work on Twelfth Thing - Twelfth Night, But It's A Monster Movie - in December. I have 18 pages written and drawn, and will be trying to get about 50 pages of that ready to present. Then, with Emily's feedback, we'll see what's worth showing to anyone. This will give us Richard The Third, which is what started the process, it's great but it's already been published which may be a problem. Then we'll have the teasing first quarter of MND and Twelfth. Will that be enough to excite a publisher? There is a showcase event in February where maybe I'll get my first chance to meet Emily and some editors and publishers and get an idea of what I need to do next.

2024 has, in many ways, started here.

Twelfth Thing worksheet:

Dec 22 - 18 pages written and drawn
Jan 2 - page 19 - 22 (4 pages)
Jan 3 - page 23 - 28 (6 pages)
Jan 4 - page 29 - 32 (4 pages, pencilled only)
Jan 5 - page 29 - 32 (inks)
Jan 8 - page 33 - 39 (7 pages)
Jan 9 - page 40 - 47 (8 pages)
Jan 10 - page 48 - 56 (9 pages) - and that's it for now
Jan 11 - Front cover drawn, dummy assembled ready to send to Emily.




My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones

Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...