Sunday 1 April 2012

Meanwhile over at The Sitcom Trials...



Last night I played my first gig with the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre since our return from Adelaide, an excellent opening set at a cricket club in Coddington in Nottinghamshire (might not sound like the big time, but a full house splitting their sides and payment on the night is what this business is all about and that's what we just had).

In the meantime, my last week and half has been full of schools - as you can see my travels with my Comic Art Masterclass have taken me from Blackburn to St Albans, from Brinkworth Earl Danby's to Winterbourne Earl's (no me neither) and next week from Norwich to Fowey in Cornwall (I am more than making up for that blissfull month where I didn't drive at all) - as well as lining up the Socks' two Edinburgh shows this year and preparing for our tour dates next week. On top of all of which has been the return of The Sitcom Trials.


As you can see from the video above The Sitcom Trials has returned to Bristol. Though once the show's exploits were recorded on this blog, it now has a blog of its own, where we've seen the formation of a Bristol team of actors under the wing of writer Vince Stadon, who've put this show together while I was away. Although one thing we did do while I was in Adelaide was select the scripts, a task which involved reading 40 odd scripts and voting on them, which I managed to squeeze into my Adelaide schedule and forgot to mention on the blog.

I've also lined up the next Sitcom Trials show, in London on May 24th it will be entitled The Eurovision Sitcom Contest. Check out the Sitcom Trials blog itself, at sitcomtrials.co.uk for details of how you can take part.

The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre's Spring Tour: Bath April 7Milford Haven April 12Exeter April 13Bridlington April 14St Andrews April 25Aberdeen April 27Halifax May 3Keighley May 4Stafford May 5Chorley May 12Brighton May 19/20Hereford May 27Harrogate June 28/29Rondo Bath July 9 • Beverly Puppet Festival July 13 • Tring July 19 • Manchester July 20 • Nottingham + Guildford July 21 • Derby July 22 • Bedford July 27 • Edinburgh Fringe August 1-27. Spread the word.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...