Thursday 18 September 2014

Bananaman: Vom Monster in this year's Beano annual


For the first time in a few years, I have a number of stories in this year's Beano annual, the 2015 edition. Unfortunately, because I didn't draw them and because we hadn't discussed sneaking credits into them, my name doesn't appear on any of them. But almost all of the Bananaman and Biffo The Bear strips in the book are written by me. Here's a sneak exclusive behind-the-scenes look at a bit of the script for the Bananaman 4 pager Vom-Monster, drawn in the book by the brilliant Wayne Thompson.


This is how I prefer to deliver my scripts, in biro layout form. It's quicker to send a type-script, but I don't think it gets the humour across nearly as well, especially if another artist is going to draw the finished item. Don't forget to buy The Beano annual as the perfect Christmas gift this year, and if you want me to sign my stories at any time, just so posterity will know who wrote them, bring them along to one of my classes.



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing Pansy Potter in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...