Monday 29 September 2014

Mr Smarty Pants Fat Show - new comics by kids

Comics produced by pupils in my Comic Art Masterclasses here, from primary schools in Newham and Bradford and a birthday party near Marlborough, with some caricatures of their faces thrown in for good measure.

My Comic Art Masterclass draws on my 25 years working for everyone from The Beano to Doctor Who & Marvel comics and teaches everyone in the class, of whatever ability, how easy it is to write and draw comic strips. I can work with two groups in a day, maximum 30 in each group, and I need a minimum of two hours for each. Age 7/8 (yr3) or older only. By the end of each session they'll have produced a comic with a strip in by each of them, which I run off on the photocopier and they each take a copy home, along with a caricature I'll have drawn of every one of them.


When asked to name a celebrity for me to draw in a demonstration strip on the flipchart, these groups ended up choosing Zayn Malik, The Queen, Michael Jackson, Mr Bean and Cristiano Ronaldo.



Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing Pansy Potter in The Beano, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. He's been writing and drawing comics for 25 years, he must know something. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...