Monday 26 March 2018

Chubby The Space Cow - comics by kids

A return to Prema Arts in Uley in Gloucestershire looked in danger of being snowed off (a bit of a theme this year) but went ahead fine, with two classes going beautifully, and a lovely cover in the form of Chubby The Space Cow. And I was on a door split, which I should do more often (memo to self).


Then, in a contrast to my last visit to Dublin where I was there for a whole week, this was a whistle-stop one-day visit to Larkin school, which I haven't been to since 2010. A sambo is what they call a sandwich, honest. Though beware what happens when you tweet it, is all I can say.



Whizz Kidz Manchester was a short one-off class with the wheelchair kids, some of which I've worked with before, in Birmingham, most of which are new to me. And I'll be working with another group again soon, in Liverpool next time. There was no access to a photocopier, so this group went away without a finished printed comic, but I still coloured the components up after the fact, as is my wont.


The celebrities these five groups chose for my demonstration strip were Elvis Presley, David Beckham, The Queen, John Cena and Donald Trump.

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...