Saturday 3 March 2018

Scammed and snowed - Facebook posts of late


Phew, that was close. Just had my credit card scammed and, thanks to Santander, spotted it in time. Someone had tried to make ten £100 payments from my credit card this morning. Santander texted me, I rang em back, and now I get a new card in a week. Seems they'd cloned my card. So now I'm looking back to see where that could have happened.
Hotel in Alnwick? Morpeth? Berwick? Wisbech? Ilford? Oh god, I'm a credit card scammer's dream, aren't ?


Here are the payments they'd tried to take by the time I got on the phone to Santander. A day later I find they'd kept on trying, and got even bolder this time:


I mean good luck trying to get two grand out of any of my credit cards! I do hope they catch these scammers. I don't want to cast aspersions without any foundation, but there is one of the hotels I stayed at last week that now makes me think it was the kind of place where it could have happened. I won't name it, in case I'm wrong. (But I've mentioned them to Santander, just in case).




Blimey we were lucky. Hev & I travelled back from Manchester to Clevedon yesterday afternoon and got home just as the snow was building up. In fact our road was already un-drivable-up when we arrived. Now we're watching the TV news with people who've been stuck on the M5 overnight. So, phew. Big thanks to Manchester Academy for ending the day two hours early.
Here's what Clevedon looked like yesterday. The beach covered in snow, not something you usually see in these parts.

Steve Noble But at least your drains have Wi-fi.

Wooa-oh we're halfway there, wooa-oh living on a prayer...Thanks to today's new pledges, the Socks Kickstarer campaign for Edinburgh Fringe 2018 is now halfway there, with 10 days to spare. Well done everyone. Keep spreading the word and we can do it. (Right now we need less than 45p from all the followers of this page and we've done it!) https://tinyurl.com/soxkick18

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

Comic Art Masterclasses open to the public:
March 17 - Prema Arts, Uley, Gloucs


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre are Superheroes at The Gilded Balloon at the Edinburgh Fringe from August 1st to 26th. 

Support their Kickstarter Campaign - no contribution too small

Previews:
Feb 17 & 24 6.50pm Kayal Leicester
Mar 14 & 15 8pm Dram Glasgow 
Mar 29 - Bath Comedy Festival
May 26 3.45pm & May 27 5pm Komedia Brighton
June 16 - Zion, Bristol
July 13 - Neath
July 19 - Bedford Fringe
 - with more preview dates to be announced

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...