Wednesday 28 August 2019

Roll Up! - Edfringe reviews


Never forget the review left by the punters on edfringe.com.  They are the equivalent of a Visitors Book for the show. Once again I'd come home without looking at these. And what do you know, they're almost universally positive. (I think you'll spot the odd ones out).

Julie Phillips4 days ago

What a great show. Throughly entertaining. 5*

Simon Phillips6 days ago

Really enjoyed this. Great comedy to finish a day at the Fringe.

Chris G8 days ago

Not a classic year for the Socks I thought. Is it my imagination or are they getting more vulgar and less witty? It was still inventive and funny, though, and the only show on the Fringe likely to reference Archie’s pal Jughead....

Fiona A8 days ago

Never fails to make me laugh. I never thought socks would make me laugh so much. Indeed the venue is too hot and the fans are noisy, but for an hour cast that aside and enjoy the silliness and let your inner child loose.

John Dewhurst10 days ago

This must be one of the worst venues on the Fringe. In a black space which was far too hot. I was on front row so had a fan near me. My friends were further back and the heat spoilt it for them. 
I enjoyed the show and thought it clever and witty. Some good songs including a great parody of Lady in Red.
How the puppeteer worked in those conditions was beyond me.

A12 days ago

I'm afraid I feel like I've just watched an entirely different show to other reviewers. Went with a completely open mind, fully ready to embrace the silliness but sadly didn't laugh once.

Kathleen Noonan17 days ago

Absurdly silly and soooo funny!! Hard to believe the delivery of this is all down to one man ……………….and a pair of socks. Brilliant!

Marie17 days ago

I love this show. Been following the Sox for years now and its funny, topical and downright smart every year. The songs are excellent and well accompanied on guitar by one of the sox. I don't know how that sox plays such a mean guitar.... Don't just read about it - Go see it 

BTW - Toasty venue this year so keep that water nearby.

Doug Adamson19 days ago

The Socks were once again able to produce another new show which has managed to deliver the laughs in the only way they know how... in a high paced delivery which at time almost doesn't give you time to breath in between one liners, puns and other punchlines.

This years' show felt to have more of an narrative thread with well placed call backs to deliver on the toes (not the nose) punchlines. The musical numbers were as ever well written and showcase the writing ability of the solo performer who despite working those socks single handled manages to bring two similar looking but different characters to life. 

Well worth your time and a show not to be missed.

debbie alsop20 days ago

Been to see the Socks for the last 6 years and the shows never fails, always the first show of the fringe for me, hilarious from start to finish would highly recommend seeing if you haven’t

Hazel Hall20 days ago

I have been following (in the footsteps of) the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre for several years now, as it would seem had many of the audience members on Tuesday night. Even in the queue outside the Dram theatre in the Gilded Balloon Patter Hoose Socks fans - until moments beforehand strangers to one another - were sharing catch phrases (and so was I, and so was she). 

This year's show was yet another fast-paced hour of non-stop laughter for the audience as the Socks shared their attempts to perform circus acts on their wee tartan stage. There was plate spinning and cutting a sock in half, and a promise of high wire jinks. The ever-versatile Nicole Kidman made a guest appearance, and Greggs was honoured in one of several very silly songs.

None of us really know how it's done, so I won't pretend that I do. However, of all the Fringe comedy I have seen so far this year, it's the Socks who have generated the most laughter.

Grant Woolcott20 days ago

Having watched youtube videos in fits of giggles, I was excited to experience my first LIVE evening with the socks. 
Well it didn't disappoint.. a few were injured by the sheer thunderous bad puns, the rest slayed by some not so slick costume changes and flying body parts. It was amazing.

Sat not knowing if it was funny or the worst pun, but the laughter in my gut would not wait for me to decide. I thoroughly enjoyed it, tropical experience aside from the venue.

Not a dry arse in the room (due to heat) and many tears of laughter...

Do Not Hesitate to check these mad foot apparelled loonies out!! You will not regret it..

Paul Stewart20 days ago

Just the funniest, most joyful hour I have spent in a long time. Too many comic gems to count! A guaranteed shortcut to hysterical laughter.
 


July 31st -  August 25th 2019, The Scottish Falsetto Socks ROLL UP! at the Gilded Balloon Patter Hoose 9.30pm #Edfringe

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...