Monday 24 January 2022

Amazon Ads and how they work


This graph shows how much I spent on Amazon promotions since I started publishing these colouring books, against how many sales they produce. It doesn't look encouraging, does it?

Amount spent on ads £248, amount of book sold as a result £186. Result = misery, as I believe Mr Micawber might have put it. The results from the ads placed on the US (as opposed to UK) site is worse...

$131 spent on ads, $49 worth of books sold as a result. It really does seem that the books I'm selling may not be benefitting from the ads. Looking at the books I ran campaigns for, they were (in the UK) Rom Com, 60s, Punk, and Eurovision, and (in the US) Bowie, 60s, 70s, and the Kindle version of the 80s book. I didn't run campaigns anywhere for the 1980s Pop book or the Xmas movies books. And what do my sales since October 2021 (up to Jan 24 2022) look like..?

Amazon Sales Oct 21 - Jan 24 2022


1980s Pop - 107

Eurovision - 49 

1970s New - 40

2020s Pop - 34

1970s Old - 19

Pop Annual - 18

1990s Pop - 17

1960s Pop - 9

80s Superstars - 9

Bowie - 8

Punk - 5

Scottish Pop - 5

Xmas Movies - 3

Rom Com - 2


Which rather suggests the books sell for reasons other than the ad campaigns. Let us see if my frantic tweeting makes a difference, or the article about Scottish Pop in yesterday's Sunday Post, or the impending Eurovision semi finals and final, which I've lined up tweets to accompany. If those turn into sales, we might be working out a method of making these books worthwhile. If not, they may be something I can't get a handle on selling, that were fun to do but a bit of a distraction.

Onwards and upwards. Did I mention I'm drawing some actual proper comic strip right now?


Buy the books:


Top 20 David Bowie

Top 20 Scottish Pop

Top 20 Rom Coms

Top 20 80s Pop Superstars

Top 20 Christmas Movies

Queens Of Pop


Pop Star Colouring Annual with 50 images from 70s to now

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who, and graphic novels adapted from Shakespeare, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and TwitterHe is the host of the podcast Comic Cuts The Panel Show



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...