Friday 28 July 2023

And my 4th Shakespearian graphic novel is...

I promised the good folks on my mailing list that they would be the first to learn what my new Shakespearian graphic novel is, and so they were. But since next to no-one reads this blog, there's no harm in revealing it here too.

In advance of the Kickstarter going live on August 1st, here a three sample pages from the new book, let out into the wild for the first time. Can you tell what it is yet?



The Kickstarter is here - https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/kevfcomicartist/4th-shakespearean-graphic-novel-by-kev-f-sutherland-name-tba -  if you haven't started following it yet (no cost, no obligation).

Yes, I can now reveal to you that my 4th Shakespearian graphic novel, following on from Findlay Macbeth, Hamlet Prince Of Denmark Street, and The Midsummer Night's Dream Team, is....

Richard The Third. Written and drawn to appeal to the readers of Dogman and Captain Underpants.


It was at one of the comic events I've been attending this summer that I realised my table, my books, not to mention my avuncular nature and, of course, my Comic Art Masterclasses attracted families with kids. And many of those kids are aged between 7 and 11. But my existing Shakespeare books are a little "old" for the primary school readers.

And it was when a child was at my table clutching a book, not a Dogman book, but a Dogman-lookalike (of which there are many at the moment), that I realised what I should be doing for my next book. Because not only is there an audience for a fun book like this, but it's also something that I've always done.

I've worked for The Beano! I started my career in Oink! I write and perform the Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre which, if not for kids, is definitively childish. So why on earth was I not writing and drawing a Shakespearian adaptation that 7 year old kids could read?

And who better to star in my new book than Shakeapeare's cheekiest scamp? The laugh a minute roister-doistering prankish rascal who is Richard The Third! 

Okay, he kills people, and ends up dead (spoilers). But that's not going to stop me telling the funnest story yet.

Thanks for your support so far. I hope this revelation doesn't put you off, and you'll be ready to join in with all the fun of the Kickstarter campaign very soon.

Now is the winter of our discontent made glorious summer by this brilliant new book! Stay tuned for updates!

Kev F




 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...