Saturday 29 July 2023

How Granny Seduced Grandad - more comics by kids


July's usually a busy month for Comic Art Masterclasses, and this has been no exception. So here is another bundle of comic covers, made with kids and, in one instance, grown ups.


Parkwood School in Sheffield is home to the Excelsior Awards' creator Paul Register, who was kind enough to have me back in the school. As is often the case with year 8, 9 and 10, all their suggestions for comic titles are, effectively, cyber-bullying. Jones referred to a teacher, and Edwin was a kid in the group who, he assured me, was okay with being named in the comic. Unlike primary school kids, their suggestions are all memes or jokes at each other's expense. Twas ever thus I'm sure.


Heron Hall in Enfield brought me more 8 and 9s, who bucked the trend I just talked about above, coming up with original titles, of a sort. Wonky Slayer is my most disappointing front cover drawing of the year, I think. I draw these very quickly, while the kids are working, and sometimes I just don't produce anything inspired in the time I have.


MPG was a corporate group down, for the first time this year I think, over Zoom. This time two years ago I was doing all my classes on Zoom (in 2021, half the year's classes were remote). But now it's a rarity, but a fun thing to do. Organised through online booking company Class Bento, who again I've not worked with much since lockdown. Glad they're still there.

The 5 celebs these groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Dwayne The Rock Johnson, Boris Johnson, Slash out of Guns & Roses, Zendaya, and Jesus.

My Books and where to get them:

Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy 
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon


Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy 
The Book Of Esther (new pocketbook sized) - Lulu £8.50 - Amazon £9.96
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon

Eurovision Colouring Vol 1 Amazon -  Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Vol 2 - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
Eurovision Colouring Best Of British - Amazon

Doctor Who Colouring - Amazon - Lulu  - Etsy 
Punk Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
60s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
70s Pop Star Colouring - Amazon  - Lulu  - Etsy 
80s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
80s Superstars - Amazon
90s Pop Star Colouring Lulu - Etsy
2020s Pop Star Colouring Amazon
Bowie Colouring - Amazon
Scottish Pop Star Colouring - Amazon
Rom Com Colouring - Amazon
Royalty Colouring - Lulu
Christmas Movies Colouring - Amazon

NB: Etsy editions are signed and posted by me, and generally cheaper   


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...