Thursday 1 August 2024

July book sales (+ first half of 2024)


I have to admit I think I have a pretty impressive array of books when I line them all up together. And they sell very well when I'm out there in person. My books make good merchandise for me, the class teacher and the in-your-face convention salesman. But have we find any books that'll sell online? See below for news.

Let's start with some totals shall we? I've just totted up my sales from January through July, and we have some quite impressive figures. This table is just live sales.


Book

Jan

Feb

Mar

Apr

May

June

July

TOTAL

Richard 3rd

3

18

114

107

104

97

89

532

FM

-

7

6

2

6

14

6

41

PODS

1

1

8

4

6

6

9

34

MNDT

1

6

7

9

10

9

13

55

Omnibus/3

-

-

4

1

3

6

3

17

Tales Bible

-

-

-

1

1

-

1

3

Colouring

-

13

19

7

20

7

3

69

Space Elain

-

-

-

-

-

12

8

20

Others

-

-

-

10

13

4

1

28


532 Richard The Thirds sold in the first half of the year? That can't be bad can it? Once I worked out I could sell them in (mostly primary) schools, I was suddenly selling a hundred a month. 500 copies is one complete print run. Only Richard has had a second print run commissioned, through which it is getting at a lick. The first three books took about 4 years to sell out their first runs (all reached the end during this period) and are now getting by on me ordering print-on-demand copies, in batches of ten. The profit is less on these than if I ordered a full print run, but I can't afford three grands worth of printing, nor to have to stock 1500 books in the house. 

July's Kev F Book Sales

Live events / schools et al - £924.55 (full breakdown here)
Lulu (Amazon) - £19.23
D2D - $28.37
Etsy - £15.49
Blurb - £3.14

Total = £985




Check this out, I've got a new bestseller on D2D. I mean, not setting the world alight on a global scale, but Who Notes - The Complete Doctor Who Reviews has sold 19 copies in its first month. This is out of a total of 63 sales, though most of those appear to be freebies that generate no income.

D2D July Sales - $28.37 - 63 "sales"

Who Notes - 19 (Royalties = $23.20)
MNDT - 7 ($1.67)
Richard -  6 ($1.36)
PODS - 6 (43c)
Space Elain - 5 ($1.28)
FM - 5 (43c)
Book Of Esther - 5 ($0)
Tales From Bible - 5 ($0)
Joseph Ruth - 5 ($0)

Amazon/Lulu - £19.23 (revealed Aug 10)

PODS - 3
Eurovision Best of - 2
Eurovision Vol 2 -3
Rom com - 2
1 x Bowie, 70s, 80s, 20s, Who Notes, Christmas

Etsy July - £15.29 - 2 sales

1 x Drs, 1 x 90s

Blurb July (below) - £3.14 - (cannot for the life of me work out which books these were. One graph suggests 11 sales, but names no books. Blurb is a mystery)






My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Paperback

Sweet Smell Of Sockcess - Putting A Show On At The Edinburgh Fringe - Amazon - ebook

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Amazon - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Amazon - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon - Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...