Sunday 18 August 2024

Unicorn Who Pooped Bums - comics by kids

This week's batch of comics by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses takes me from North Yorkshire to Kent to Cambridgeshire. As I believe I've mentioned before, distance is no object.


I'd only just flown back from Glasgow, where I'd played a stonking Socks show at Worldcon as well as squeezing in two short gigs at the Edinburgh Fringe, when I found myself back on the road, up to Bradford for an overnight stay before doing two libraries in a day. Shipley in the morning, Keighley in the afternoon. And having repacked the car for my travels I realised too late that I'd forgotten to being my flipchart pad which meant Keighley's class had to be delivered on A3 sheets stuck together with sellotape. Sorry, was that too much boring detail for youse?


If it's Thursday, it must be Bexleyheath library in the morning and Erith library in the afternoon. Two smashing sellout classes and Hev, who accompanied me for this mini road trip, enjoyed a day out at Bluewater shopping centre, which does seem to be quite the place. "Too ys era scere" was one of those titles where a young kid had tried to write something that none of us could decipher which, as soon as it's read out, become the funniest thing anyone has ever heard. This a cruel thing that I honestly have yet to find a way round. I hope I'm not scarring these poor young illiterates.


Friday saw a lovely pair of classes at The Cresset Theatre and arts centre in Peterborough, with probably my favourite titles of the week.



The celebrities these six groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Taylor Swift, Billie Eilish, Michael Jackson, Mr Beast, George Washington and, for the first time and definitely my favourite suggestion, Nigel Parkinson, our good friend and star artist of Dennis The Menace and many more.



My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Paperback

Sweet Smell Of Sockcess - Putting A Show On At The Edinburgh Fringe - Amazon - ebook

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Amazon - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Amazon - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon - Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...