Friday 23 August 2024

The Family With The Big Gyatt - yet more comics by kids


From Derby to Shoreham, three days worth of comic art masterclasses here. And a contrast between how many and how few books I can sell after a class.


I began the week at St Benedicts in Derby, doing a series of summer school classes, with kids who will be coming into Year 7 next term. They came up with the usual teenage stuff, and of course there was no scope for flogging books to them afterwards. Jolly good fun.


On Wednesday I was back again at the same school, and this time they reached peak teenage, with Skibidi, Ohio, Sigma, Rizlers, and Chad Daddies all in one title. And I came away having learned the word Gyatt, of which I was previously oblivious. I means your arse, apparently.


Then Thursday saw Hev & I travelling all the way down to Shoreham for a day of classes at Ropetackle Arts. Two sellout groups and, talk about going from famine to feast, I sold more books after these two classes than I have at any previous day of classes. Over two hundred quids worth of books sold? That'll do nicely squire. Having all the parents in the room throughout the class is the perfect formula for selling signed books afterwards.

The celebrities these six groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Drake, Tom Holland, Dwayne The Rock Johnson (twice), Mr Beast, and Boris Johnson.



My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Paperback

Sweet Smell Of Sockcess - Putting A Show On At The Edinburgh Fringe - Amazon - ebook

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Amazon - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Amazon - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon - Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...