Monday 11 February 2019

A satisfying lot of stuff on eBay


Though it's only a couple of days since I was professing frustration with the time I was wasting uploading stuff to eBay, I just put another mountain on there and this time I'm looking at a very satisfying pile to take to the post office. Here's what I just cleared out, mostly from the shelves of Private and my Windmill Gardens bedroom...


Buster annual 74, 75, 76                 £18.09
Valiant & TV21 x 18                        £12.25
White Christmas sheet music         £10.00
Time out mags 1983 x 4                 £10.00
Cor!! Comics x 13                           £9.50
Buster & Cor!! Comics x 31            £8.50
Frankie Stein Summer special 75   £5.55
Cor!! Annual 74, 75 Whoopee 76.   £5.03
Buster Holiday special 75               £4.20
Buster comics x 16                         £3.79
Donald & Mickey comics x 13        £3.50

Total for clearing a shelf                 £90.41 (excluding postage)   


(I love a good bidding war. This was for the Buster annuals)

You're right, I'd get more auctioning dogs, but as a satisfying weekend exercise that can be done in downtime, it's painless and fun. As for the stuff that's waiting to sell, including sheet music and cassette tapes, we won't be looking at such easy to shift success. And now back to some proper work.


BEWARE THE FEES!

The Fees! The Fees!

As a couple of months of listing stuff on eBay approach a hiatus (that is I start getting proper busy next week, so won’t have time for this nonsense) I’ve done some satisfying clearing out of shelves and boxes (though the storage unit is still stacked at least 5 boxes high by 6 boxes wide by 7 boxes deep at a guess, so that’s over 200 boxes still to empty. Probably).

I’ve taken just over a thousand quid in the last 60 days, with £112 and a bit amount of stuff up there waiting to sell. But beware the fees. 

I’m about to be billed £149 for fees on the last month’s stuff. I had sort of known about the fees, but sort of not. For example the 50p Buy It Now fee.

Who knew you paid the 50p Buy It Now fee, even if the item doesn’t sell? Well, I know now!

The “List It Free” offers that my screen is full of. I thought I was getting that on everything I listed. Yes, I know now!

It’s roughly 10%. So, things that sell for £2.50 (which is most things) cost me 25p. NMEs that went for a fiver cost me 55p. The clavinova is about to cost me £25.

Things that didn’t sell, but that I put a Buy It Now price on, cost me 50p. Ooh I’m an idiot.

I’m scrolling down all those Buy It Now listings for stuff that didn’t sell, kicking myself. No more Buy It Now!


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...