Friday 8 February 2019

A Tales From The Crypt parody? Again?

How often have I done this parody? I lose count. So I had to come up with a cover for the Tales From The Bible comic, now that the plan is to collect all 95 pages of story into one book. And try as I might I couldn't do better than this doodle...


Which turned into this first draft rough...


Which, after my editor Rachel had pointed out the tentpeg looked like it was heading for somewhere far more emasculating than is in the actual story, turned into this coloured visual...


Which got the go ahead and became this piece of finished artwork, with a logo I'm quite pleased with though I say so myself...


I really hope we're going to be seeing this in shops this year, it would absolutely delight me. It's the work that I'm proudest of ever. And the cover was, of course, a spoof of this...


And, though I've not done the knife-throwing Jack Davis composition before, I've done enough EC and Tales Of The Crypt parodies, on school comics and elsewhere. Here's one I did for Gas, neither today nor yesterday...


Not an original bone in my head.

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...