Wednesday 20 February 2019

Nachos, Tomatoes, Lemons & Chicken - first kids comics of the year


This is the slowest start to the Comic Art Masterclasses I've seen for many years (by end of Jan last year I'd done 7 days in schools, and in Feb published another 4 batches of kids comics here on the blog). Inevitably, thanks to the funeral and the house clearing, I've not done a heavy emailing of schools, which I think I usually do at the start of the year, so it's ended up spookily quiet. By the middle of February I've been to three schools. But what wonderful work they've created, these from Willersey Primary in Gloucestershire.


The culinary theme continues with these comics from St Josephs Primary in Swansea. The chicken nuggets I mean, not the other one.


And at Salisbury Arts Centre they've gone double edible, with nachos and a tomato. I have to say, with these cover designs, I'm just warming up for the year and haven't got into my stride. They are, to continue the theme, a bit vanilla.


The six celebrities these first groups of the year chose for my demonstration strip (only 10 months till I tot up the most popular celebrity of the year) were Daniel Radcliffe, James Charles (youtuber), Harry Kane, Meghan Markle, Justin Bieber, and (the trend starts here) Donald Trump.

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...