Monday 17 June 2024

Just A Load Of Everything - more comics by kids

A mixed bag of comics from a diverse range of Comic Art Masterclasses, not all in schools, and the schools they are in aren't as conventional as many. From Clevedon to Taunton to Cheadle to Ludlow.


Clevedon Literary Festival have been good enough to have me in doing a class for the last three years, and this one was another sellout treat (after which the parents were kind enough to buy my books, which is a bonus I'm enjoying). Can't say it was my most inspired cover drawing. In fact I seem to get into a bit of a rut of just putting the main character in the middle of the page and not adding much over the next couple of examples.


You can see what I mean about my uninspiring cover designs from these two examples in Inscape House school in Cheadle. This was the first of two schools this week where I was working with students with learning difficulties, including autism. They manage the class beautifully as always and I hope they enjoyed it as much as I did. In both instances, the character on the cover is based on a design by a student themselves.


On the left we see the comic created by participants in my Ludlow Fringe class at the Assembly Rooms. We only mustered ten customers, but ten fine customers they were. Then on the right we see the comic produced with the learners at Selworthy School in Taunton, my second special school of the week, and the first school I've done in years where they make you leave your phone outside in the car. I'd not realised how much I come to rely on it. No photo reference for me that day. The last school, since you ask, was a Young Offenders Institute in Portland Dorset, and I can't remember now how long ago that was.

The celebrities these five groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were King Charles, Jeremy Clarkson, Gordon Ramsey, Daniel Radcliffe, and Dwayne The Rock Johnson.


My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Space Elain - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...