Friday 7 June 2024

Psycho From My Toilet - comics by kids


A clutch of comics by kids in my Comic Art Masterclasses, from my recent travels in Kings Heath, Oxfordshire, and Kent.


Colmore Juniors is by far and away the school that has had me in most often. Here's the blog I wrote in 2022 commemorating ten years of visits by that point. They didn't disappoint on the originality front this time either.


Colmore Day 2 gave us another blooming Peppa Pig title, and I must confess a couple of uninspired cover designs by me. I don't know why, sometime inspiration strikes and I come out with a cracking design, then sometimes I just draw the thing they've suggested, slap bang in the middle of the page, with no thought of design or anything. I hope they liked them all the same.


Chadlington near Chipping Norton in Oxfordshire was a first time visit, and they dreamed up some lovely nonsense.


Churchfields in Beckenham in Kent was another first time visit, whose title suggestions gave us a bit of Spanish and a variation on a meme. This "sigma" thing, and pulling faces to go with it, is what year 6s bang on about this term. I will never, I'm sure, know what they were ever on about.

The celebrities these eight groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Usain Bolt, Cristiano Ronaldo (twice), Dwayne The Rock Johnson (twice),  Michael Jackson (twice), and the most original suggestion of the bunch, Galileo, yes that Galileo.


My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...