Friday 28 June 2024

Nun With A Gun - even more comics by kids


June has been a busy month for Comic Art Masterclasses, and here we see the fruits of my efforts, and travels, to Hampshire, West Sussex, Macclesfield, and Clevedon.


Waterlooville in Hampshire is the first in four days of return visits, having had me back again. It's always flattering to be asked back, and a reassuring reminder that I must be doing something right. Though if every single school had me back every single year, then I'd constantly be doubling my number of bookings, and I'm not. So that's made me realise quite how many schools don't have me back. Well done for making me paranoid, brain. The McDonalds cover is my favourite of the month.


Macc Pow in Macclesfield had me in to do a class as well as exhibiting my comics, as a result of which I ended up selling four times as many comics there as I did last year. We didn't have a photocopier to make the finished item on, but that hardly seems to worry anyone.


Clevedon School have me in every year to teach classes in the day then caricature at their Prom (which they adamantly don't call a Prom) in the evening. I usually do two days, but this year could only do one. The classes were small but full of ideas.


Angmering School in West Sussex has now had me in four times, and they have all my previous comics by kids stuck up on the library wall. 2018, 2019, 2023 and this year, now you ask.

The celebrities these seven groups chose to appear in my demonstration strip were Taylor Swift, Dwayne The Rock Johnson (twice), Jeff Bezos, Keanu Reeves, Ryan Reynolds, and Elvis Presley.


My Books and where to get them:

Richard The Third Amazon - Etsy - Barnes & Noble - Waterstones
Findlay Macbeth - Amazon  - Etsy 
Prince Of Denmark Street - Amazon - Etsy - Kindle
Midsummer Nights Dream Team  - Amazon Etsy 
Shakespeare Omnibus Collection (all 3 books) - Amazon

Who Notes - Doctor Who Reviews - Lulu - ebook
Space Elain - Lulu - iBooks - Barnes & Noble 
Tales From The Bible - Amazon -  Etsy - Webtoons
The Book Of Esther - Lulu  - Amazon Webtoons
Joseph, Ruth & Other Stories - Amazon
Captain Clevedon - Amazon
Tales Of Nambygate - Amazon  




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...