Sunday 3 December 2017

How to Draw Roger The Dodger - Beano video


I filmed this at The Beano's studios in London back in April, and it's been on Youtube since July, but I've only just found it. So let us all enjoy it together. It's me showing how I draw Roger The Dodger.



There's a whole series of these online, by such much-more-notable Beano artists than me, as Nigel Parkinson and Laura Howell, and jolly good fun they are too.



Of course my Roger doesn't look like anyone else's Roger, and I've not drawn him in anything since the 2009 Beano annual when I did Roger The Dodger's Reservoir Dodge, but it was nice to be asked, and an honour to be included.

The kids in school suggest I should do more Youtube tutorials, but I'm not sure how worthwhile it would be. I certainly don't want to give away all the tricks I use in my Comic Art Masterclasses, cos if everyone watched them online then I'd never get a laugh from them in class again.

If you'd like to see online tutorials, do please ask. You never know, it's not too late for me to become some kind of cross between Zoella and Bob Ross. (Or, indeed, Rolf Harris, who we don't mentione so much these days for some reason).

Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries and art centres - email for details, and follow him on Facebook and Twitter. View the promo video here

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...