Tuesday 29 January 2019

Dreams

I very rarely write down dreams, I'm not even sure how often I remember them. But on the Monday night after coming back from my travels to Dumfries, I jotted down this epic. Apologies for it being in gibberish.

Indian news presenter, poss Samira Ahmed who interviewed me on Front Row, has to get stuff from car, when she returns she's turned into Mum. I have to reverse small car and find parking space then meet up with mum when I have, there is to-ing and fro-ing by text. Mum has fetched stuff from my office in garage, I have had to bring car round. Star spotting I see Ringo Starr and follow Joe Cocker thru crowded bar, that’s where I meet Mum. Mum needs loo in a department store, we rush up and down corridors following woman who works there, end up in office where Dad and boss are watching Rugby match with two sons and fellow workers and betting on it. Dad drinking coke and burping, 50s unshaven, telling me how he’s now doing 3 spots a week guesting on local radio, The boss tells me they’ve based the year’s Christmas card on Bob’s office chair.

In earlier dream I introduce Simon Pegg to David Tennant, then have to get boring guy away from Paul Weller who’s trying to do a crossword in the corner of the pub.

Other dreams in sequence feature famous people.  

There was a feeling that they were all famous and I wasn’t but felt I should be.

Tuesday dream: At a location based on Kibworth Primary school hall there were speeches and some sort of charity presentations going on, I had to go round the back of the building to get to where the portakabins used to be to avoid going through the hall.

The celebrity studded dream was sparked by going through security at Glasgow airport alongside Paul Weller. Biggest star spotting of the year so far. The crossword puzzle comes from a guy on the plane who was doing one next to me. The office chair may relate to the one from my office which we took to the recycling a week or so ago. The appearance of Mum and Dad is not that surprising as they've been in our thoughts a lot this month. These dreams were of course fragments of long dreams, most of which I'd forgotten by the time I started writing them.

Wednesday dream: Donald Trump was visiting our small flat, he was landlord or something, and for some reason he goes and hides in the shower, or takes a shower. We've been wondering where he's got to then he emerges, soaking wet, weraing some pyjamas he's grabbed, and screaming that there was only cold water and he's had a cold shower and is very unhappy about it. Hev's Mum & Anet have been watching or listening in on the shower incident and are in fits of laughter. The carpet of our room is blue and wet and mouldy, the whole place (again not based on our actual flat it has a long, low layout, like an apartment in an American film) is decrepit. Trump gets dressed and leaves, we leave him to walk the long way down to the street below. He is followed out a bit later by his wife, not Melania but an older woman with red curly hair who seems amused by the affair.

Dream Diary Monday Feb 4:

I had to help organise stand up gig that was part of a wedding, when I arrived they had no idea and were trying to get sound out of lamp stand plugged the wrong way into a speaker (this refers to lighting I used to make Socks videos, and sound system we had to set up at Spike Island gig).

Then a small female comedian called (forgotten name, Spig or Mig or Blink, made up name) who look like Pog off TV, turned up nose but with orange hair, starts doing routine but audience leaves during it.

Previous dream ( 2 nights ago) had various Doctor Who’s. The part of Tom Baker was being played by Geoffrey Rush.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...