Sunday 27 January 2019

Perfumes & Hollywood - new Socks videos


Perfumes, a new video from the Scottish Falsetto Socks, enjoy. I say new, but in fact it's a routine we did ages ago, that I fancied refilming. And the same goes for this one, Hollywood Babbling...


This has never been performed by the Socks before, but has an even older provenance, having begun life in a strip called Hollywood Babbling that I wrote and drew in UT comic, way way back in the day.

Having lost the studio at the end of last year, and thus the easy ability to very quickly shoot a video against the green screen that was permanently set up there, I was struggling to get my Socks' creative gears running. So I took advantage of last week's visit to Kibworth to set up a temporary studio in the back room and very quickly rattle off these two videos, plus some plugs for the forthcoming Socks shows in Leicester and Glasgow:


Leicester plug 1, 2, 3 and Glasgow plug 1.

The lighting for these worked out rather well, using the angled light from the corner of the room as they top light, and my old anglepoise lamp as the lowlight. That's the light I used to use as a kid, still coming in handy all these years later.

The plug videos have gone onto Facebook and Twitter in a framed version, made using Keynote. I make these notes largely for my own benefit.


The Scottish Falsetto Sock Puppet Theatre return with a brand new show in 2019. Stay tuned.
Feb 15/16 - Kayal Leicester 
Mar 20/21 - Dram Glasgow 
April 5 - Chorley Little Theatre 90 min (Superheroes)
May 24 - Victoria Halifax Roll Up 7pm
June 1 & 2 - Brighton Komedia
July 30 - Aug 25 - Gilded Balloon, Edinburgh Fringe 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...