Wednesday 27 March 2013

Ouch - the Chilli Sauce Is In My Eye! - comics by kids

A bumper bundle of comic books here, the covers thereof, produced by the pupils of my Comic Art Masterclasses in Edgeborough Surrey, and a couple of schools in Malvern (click to enlarge)



This was, I thought, a particularly impressive week for inspired titles for my kids, ranging from Year 3 to Year 8. "God Said To The People Of Bethlehem LOL" is pure genius, isn't it? That was an 11 year old. Many of you out there struggling to come up with original ideas might feel the urge, at this moment, to just plain give up.

This week's celebrities (in the "treads on a worm" demo game, where I ask the kids to choose a famous person with which I demonstrate the fine art of visual storytelling) were Keith Lemon, Taylor Swift, Simon Cowell (3 times), The Queen, Gok Wan, and Michael McIntyre. There are many more comic examples on my website, including this little lot:

I Flushed My Magical Penguin Down The Toilet - Mar 2013
The Bean Men - Feb 2013
Aquatic Owls vs The Moon - Dec 2012
The Hairy Bottom - July 2012
Kid Afro Spaghetti - June 2012
Fartimouse Owl - May 2012
I ❤ Gingers - May 2012

If anyone wants me to come and show their kids how to do what I've been doing for a living for the last two decades in my far-famed and much-loved Comic Art Masterclasses, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, smoke signals, the usual methods. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...