Saturday 9 March 2013

The Bean Men - bumper bundle of comics by kids

Ee I've been busy this past week teaching kids how to draw comics, mostly in Yorkshire. Check this lot out (click to enlarge)...



These comics, above and below, are the product of the pupils in my Comic Art Masterclasses in schools in Woodbury Salterton Devon, Doncaster, Knaresborough, Chortlton-Cum-Hardy and Ripon. By the end of each session they each go away with a comic containing a strip by every single one of them, plus a caricature by me. When I play the "steps on a worm" comic strip demonstration game as part of the class, I ask them to name a real-live-living famous celebrity. Who did this lot variously name? You can see below the next selection...



The celebrities these twelve classes named (in every case whittled down from a choice of four names) were: Selena Gomez (twice), Simon Cowell (three times), Ke$ha, The Queen, Michael Jackson, Rowan Atkinson, Lady Gaga, and most original suggestions of the week Rolf Harris and Slash out of Guns & Roses.

If you're developing a taste for this kind of thing, there's a whole archive of Comic Art Masterclass comics on my website, including these choice examples and many more...

Aquatic Owls vs The Moon - Dec 2012
The Hairy Bottom - July 2012
Kid Afro Spaghetti - June 2012
Fartimouse Owl - May 2012
I ❤ Gingers - May 2012
Help I'm A Superhero Get Me Out Of Here - April 2012

If anyone wants me to come and show their kids how to do what I've been doing for a living for the last two decades in my patent Comic Art Masterclasses, drop me a line, a comment, a Twitter, smoke signals, the usual methods. Click below to see more, including video and contact details.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...