Monday 16 March 2020

Findlay Macbeth Thankyou Sketches

16 of the Findlay Macbeth Kickstarter supporters went for the option where I drew them a sketch. Today I drew the first 12 of these. Beginning with Peter, who asked for this particular image and wording...

Hazel and Tim are Scottish Falsetto Socks fan, so they got another humorous image with the Socks featured...
Ger wanted the "Tomorrow and tomorrow and tomorrow" speech, so here's a bit of it...
Rachel & Dylan were happy with whatever I wanted to draw, so I chose a favourite moment from the book (with slightly different dialogue)...
Barth wanted me to reference The Sitcom Trials, a comedy show we've both been part of...
And Steve wanted Findlay sweating over bad sales figures...
Michael was happy with whatever I wanted to draw, so I did a scene that happens out of shot in the book, the killing of Duncan...
James wanted Findlay seeing Banquo's ghost, so here's that scene from a different angle from the book...
Iain had no preference, so he got a variation on "Is this a dagger.."
Clare wasn't picky either, so I based this on a Victorian painting of Macbeth. I then could not find the name of the original artist. Anybody know?
Rick was happy with any image, so I got a bit carried away and did a pastiche of the Michael Fassbender Macbeth movie poster...
Finally (for the moment) Neil was happy with anything, so I had another stab at that hand washing scene that I'd started with (for Peter earlier)...
I still owe four people sketches (Brian, Ben, Boaz and Lee). So as soon as they tell me what they want drawing, I'll get stuck in.


Kev F Sutherland, as well as writing and drawing for The Beano, Marvel, Doctor Who et al, runs Comic Art Masterclasses in schools, libraries & art centres. email for details. His debut graphic novel Findlay Macbeth is out now. Follow Kev on Facebook, Twitter. Promo video here

My debut graphic novel Findlay Macbeth, available to order now: 
http://kevfcomicartist.com

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...